Advanced Academy Cost and Financial Aid
Total Cost for In-state Students (Georgia Residents)*:
- The total cost of attendance - including tuition, fees, books, room and board - for the majority of Georgia students is $4500 - 5000 per semester. Tuition is paid for Georgia students attending an eligible high school (any public or private secondary educational institution, including unaccredited Home Study programs) through ACCEL funding.
- $3,065 - Tuition and Fees (in-state), based on 15 or more semester hours
$1,315 - Lowest Meal Plan option for first-year students
$2,170 - Residence Hall rent and Social Fee
Total: $6,550 per semester
- Estimated ACCEL payment: $2,426 per semester (tuition for 15 or more semester hours).
- Books may average about $500 per semester. Renting books or buying used books can help to lower the cost.
- The total cost of attendance - including tuition, fees, lowest meal plan, residence hall, and books - is $13,478 per semester. The increase in cost between in-state and out-of-state/international students is due to the higher cost of out-of-state tuition.
Remaining Balance = $4,124 per semester
Total Balance with Books = $4624 per semester for students with ACCEL and $7,050 per semester for students without ACCEL.
Total Cost for Out-of-state and International Students*:
- As described above, most Georgia students receive ACCEL funding.
- There are two merit-based scholarships for which Academy students can qualify: UWG's Freshman Foundation Scholarship and UWG's Presidential Scholarship. To qualify for these, students must meet - and usually exceed - the minimum requirements detailed on UWG's website. See the following link for more details: http://www.westga.edu/admiss/index_1071.php. Please also note that Advanced Academy applications must be received by the earlier deadlines listed under the Admissions tab in order for students to be eligible for these scholarships.
- The Academy offers partial need-based scholarships to those students who demonstrate high financial need as shown on their FAFSA Student Aid Report and parents' income taxes. The amount that is awarded to each student is based on the student's need and will pay a percentage of the need for that academic year. Award amounts are subject to change from year to year based on changes in the student's financial situation and changes in the Academy's available funds. Need-based scholarships are not awarded to every Academy student, only those demonstrating the highest financial need.
- Out-of-state Tuition Waivers are available to out-of-state and qualifying International students on a first-come/first-served basis. Students who are awarded a waiver will be responsible for the in-state cost rather than the out-of-state cost (see above). Be aware that receiving a waiver does NOT allow students to receive ACCEL funding.
- **All scholarships are considered partial funding. Unfortunately, there are NO "full-ride" scholarships available at this time.**
- *The figures listed above are for the 2012-2013 school year. Cost is subject to change each academic year and will generally be slightly higher each year. The amount awarded through the ACCEL grant is also subject to change each year.